Monday, January 14, 2013

Happiness

This isn't like my usual beauty posts and I've wanted to make this post for the past few days. I have actually tried to a few times but I never seem to get the right words out. So, to put it simply, this is me telling you to be happy.



One of my bad qualities is that I can always see the worst in every situation. Whether that be the worst possible outcome or the worst aspect of anything. It seems to me though that for every bad aspect of something there is almost always a good aspect to counteract this.



I have spoken to numerous people about happiness recently and everyone seems to have a rather negative point of view. The sad truth is a lot of people you think are happy really aren't. I actually had this conversation with my Mum a few days ago and that is what inspired me to make this post. She asked me, what I thought was, a simple question. A question which I didn't have an exact answer to. "Are you happy?" 




My theory is people just don't know what they want to do with their life or obstacles get in the way of what they really want or they just don't have the courage to pursue their dreams. Maybe in some ways happiness and courage are linked. You have to  have the courage to be happy.



I know I had to learn this the hard way. For a long time I was expecting to one day just wake up and boom! I was the happiest I'd ever been. Unfortunately though, that's not how life works. Everyone has the ability to be happy it's just harder for some people. It's hard to be happy sometimes when there are so many things giving you reasons to be sad.. Have the courage to choose happiness.



This is all my opinion, and obviously I may be totally wrong, but I have wanted to make this post for a while now but I've been too scared. Scared of the reaction and scared of what people will think but in the end I have to worry less, just like I said in my RIP 2012 post, and I'm trying to stick to this. I don't think being brave means not being scared of anything, I think being brave means doing the things that scare you anyway. Pursuing happiness.



Really, this isn't just about happiness but a reminder to do what you want to do. Don't worry about what other people think as long as you are happy. You are infinite, don't waste your life on others expectations.


I guess you have to try and realize if you aren't happy with an aspect of your life you have the ability to change it! You're worth it and your happiness is worth it. Have a happy life. Don't just exist, live! 




Mum, if you're reading this, to answer your question. Am I happy?
I can be, I'm working on it. 


Thank you so much for reading my blog! 
I hope you liked this post and maybe even agreed with me on a few things! 
Tell me in the comments what you think happiness is and how it's achieved.
I may have to make a follow up post in the future!  


GeorgiaX 



2 comments:

  1. this is so cute, and i actually agree with alot of what you're saying. for so long now, ive wondered why i cant just smile and enjoy life, like so many around me seem to do - i think i am scared to be happy for any prolonged period of time, in a way shutting myself off and feeling bad is just easier - nothing disappoints when you expect it to. this year my new years resolution is to just try harder, try harder in college, with friends, with my diet (ugh) and most of all, with myself.
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you understand what I mean!
      I was so worried no one would know what I was talking about and I was just going to embarrass myself.

      I hope you stick to your resolutions, I'm trying so hard to stick to mine.. Good luck!

      GeorgiaX

      Delete